Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Catch Up

Hey Everyone I'm Back!!!

It has been a month since I've last posted anything. I don't know why I haven't been posting because alot has happen since I've last posted. I will try to still keep it short though.

1) I've been voted as a class representative for the semester. Doesn't have many responsibilities, just if the class has a problem, like wanting a test moved or something like that, then I and/or the other class rep will go a speak to the program coordinator to try to resolve the issue. Regardless of the responsibilities I must say I am still honored and humbled as always since it was a vote by my peers.

2) There was this festival that Pau has every year. I'm not 100% sure of the name. But, it was so much fun! It is similiar to the renaissance fair we have in the states, although Ive never been to one in the states. There was a parade where I got creamed (shaving cream) in the face by some woman who was in the parade. Of course everyone in the parade was in period clothing. There were people on stilts, chimney Sweeps, mules, donkeys, bread makers, Kings and Queens (or one of each haha), knights and such as well.

I still had fun though.That night they had this huge tent with a band that played period music mixed with rock it was rather good. But, the best part were the dances that everyone was doing. The type you see in the movies and everyone is doing the same thing and moving in a circle. Its was funny because once you move around the circle you were always with a new (random) person. Fun!



3) We had a weeklong break Feb 19th - Feb 26th. I wanted to go to Italy with the other international student and made plans to do so, but backed out last minute (which Im sorry for) because Im sure it would have drained my back account. So I had told myself I was going to go to cities around France stay acouple of days in Bordeaux then go to Paris but that didn't end up happening like I planned so I essentially slept most of the break.

4) I also went skiing again. This time though I sort of stayed where I was suppose to; I learned that from last time. It seems I fell alot more this time though. I have troubles with the whole important task of ya know... stopping. But, I got better as the day progressed. I plan on going again unless all the snow melts of course. Thats the lasty thing I need is to try skiing in rocks and falling on my face. I love the mountains though they are so beautiful.




Look how high that goes, needless to say I didn't use it.



5) Up until now after the break it seemed as though we were swamped with classes and class work. Several presentations and group assignments to do. There was also the occasional party (or several) depending on whose counting.

6) Ive also visited the Chateau the former residence of King Henry IV. Beautiful outside and in. It gives me ideas for when I build my castle in Wichita somewhere, but that's years away I have to become successful first ;)




King Henry's cradle when he was baby - Its a turtle shell
Can we say awesome?!?
7) This past weekend I went to a chocolate factory and museum. It was a fun morning with some of the other international students. The chocolate was good and the names of many of them were quite funny. "Les Coucougnettes" named after King Henry because he liked the woman a lot. "Les Tetons de la Reine Margot" named after Queen Margot's best assets and the look like them too. And many others like the one below that says you have to be 18 to eat it because it is an "Aphrodisiac":

naughty naughty Chocolate

I am having a blast here. Meeting new people trying new things. For example, there is this spread called "marmite" apparently it's all the rage in the UK, but if you are ever offered marmite kindly say no! It was not good at all...like at all plus some maybe even multiplied by 2. Although, I always encourage people to try new things so maybe you should try it anyway just so you know what I mean.Or you might even like it, someone has to.

Anywho, I've also recently officially filed and announced my candidacy for SGA President which is exciting. So that's all I can think of for now.

Just A Thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment