Monday, February 6, 2012

Day Trip Weekend

Good Evening,

So it has been a week since I last posted so I figured I would update y'all on whats going on in my life. For starters, I realized that I post these long drawn-out random blogs so I will try to focus them a little bit more and refine the material, but plans don't also go as they should.

The program that I am enrolled in has finally started on Thursday last week. Which means things are about too get intense! I forget if I have explained how the classes in this program are or not. I am in the IMP program, which is International Management Masters Program, even sounds crazy right? It not as hard as I was expecting, at least at the moment, but they are like 6 or so summer classes in a row. Meaning that we take a class and it will go for a week or two before we move onto the next class. Some would think that sounds nice, but if this first class is any indication of whats to come then it's not. This class is only a week long and we have 3 presentations to make, 2 group and 1 individual. I mean, so far the class isn't too difficult just long (10-4) with a break for lunch, of course. However, I will keep you posted!

On Friday we, the class, went on a day trip. This time we went to the mountains beautiful views!








Then we continued our journey and went to a church that was huge! It is in Lourdes which is the most sacred city in France. All the is there essentially are churches, some homes...I think, and souvenir shops. The church is massive and ornate. It is also the site where Mary appeared and so alot of people will go there and pray and worship. I hear, the Pope comes and does masses there at the church. There is holy water spikets with holy water flowing from them. I have a vile of holy water now! They say that miracles are performed there as well.




The place where the statue is placed is where Mary appeared. There was a service going when we arrived. Which, btw, would suck to be the priest who was selected to do this service because it was cold! He didn't have any gloves or anything on.


Our last stop was the Beret Museum... Not much to be said about it. It was cool learning about the history of the Beret though. I guess it originated in this area that I live and different colors, initially, were used for different events. There are also 3 different sizes which would indicate where you lived because different people in different areas wore different sizes.



















So all in all it was a great week and weekend. Went to some parties this weekend and had a great time. Really enjoying my time here in France! Sorry if there are too many pictures.... I'm sure you will get over it. Just kidding...but not really.... :)  



Last thing, some of the people I have met here are probably some of the nicest people I've met. It took awhile to meet some of them, but once you meet them they are super nice!

Just a Thought!


As you all know my camera is broken and I haven't bought another. These photos were taken by french students in my class, who are fantastic with taking pictures, Mylene Gable and/or Merlin Cattin.

1 comment:

  1. LOL nice disclaimer! They are beautiful photos though! And pictures are what make a travel blog, people don't like to read.
    How long are you going to be in France bytheby?

    ReplyDelete